Thursday 4 October 2012

The One Where I Eat So Much I Get A Food Hangover

Hello Chinas!

Last night I went to Chop Chop in Edinburgh's Haymarket - if you haven't been, stop what you're doing immediately and go. It is the BAWS. I was going to take some pictures but then I didn't, because I really didn't want to be the weirdo who takes pictures in a restaurant. So, you'll just have to use your imagination! It's traditional Chinease food, so none of yer deep fried chicken junk that we are so familiar with. No! It's all hand-prepared noodles and homemade dumplings and crispy shredded potato and fluffy rice AND I ate so much that I had to lean against a pole at the train station to try and pull myself together. Total dumpling overdose, fellas, leading to what can only be described as a 'food hangover' upon waking this morning. I'm not sorry though, I would do it again right now.

I love food.

And because of that. I have been GORGING on the new Nigella series. I'm only just at the stage where I can watch Nigella and not yell I LOVE HER I LOVE HER I LOVE HER every time she appears on screen. I love her because she is SAUCY and I think we'd be really good friends. HOW CAN I MAKE THIS HAPPEN? I love the way she's all 'Ooooooh, just reaching up hear for this NAUGHTY SAFFRON!" - sometime I do this for Husband, until he grows weary and asks me to stop. Also, it's not the same when I lick my fingers, rake around in the cupboard, use saucy innuendo like 'oh, this pan is FILTHY *wink*' and then serve up toast. It's not the same at all.


In making news, Chinas, last week I decided to start on my 40's style dress that I talked about in this one. Total nightmare fellas, and I know exactly why. It's a combintation of 1) not knowing how to do it 2) not being patient enough to learn 3) not reading things properly AND 4) wine. So I (sort of) had the bodice finished and was cracking in to the sleeves when I realised I had sewn the sides inside out and the sleeve on the wrong side. So I gave up on that. Also, it doesn't fit me - it's too big around the bust (tee hee), arms, butt and shoulders, and too tight around the waist. Story of my LIFE chaps! And now I not only have to learn how to make it, but also how to adjust it. I might give up on it as an idea.

And to finish, here's a video of the unfriendly cat doing 'Paw and Other Paw'. I think we can agree that the quality is INCREDIBLE. Sorry that it's sideways, I'm not sure why that is the case or what I can do to fix it.  S'laters!





6 comments:

  1. Mmmmm Nigella... just makes me think of that croissants and cream version of bread and butter pud she did...
    Dont give up on the top, slow down! You'll get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I might finish it. But, I might not. Croissants and cream bread and butter pudding sounds literally the best ever thing I could ever imagine ever in a million years. I MUST HAVE IT.

      Delete
  2. Ooooh, you're making me hungry - all that talk about noodles and dumplings. Yum. Yeh, I expect wine and dressmaking is not a good combo. Actually, dress making is very hard. Very hard indeed. Hope you get to grips with it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS hard. It's too hard. I might just give it up as a bad job and focus on my other talents. Such as...em....eating xx

      Delete
  3. I am mildly, no make that excessively, jealous! When I go to visit my oldest-bestest friend we go to a fab Chinese and eat until I can't breathe. She is coming to me this time and we shall be having pub grub. Not fair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, any time you fancy coming to Edinburgh just let me know! I warn you though, I'm rubbish company because I don't like to talk and eat at the same time, and obviously eating is what I'll mainly be focussing on. But we could play that game where you have to eat a full plate of noodles without licking your lips...could still be fun?xx

    ReplyDelete