That's my kitchen. Here's some things that are good about this apron:
- I got to practice cutting out patterns
- I got to have another go at bias binding, which didn't work so well last time I tried it
- It fits me
Here's some less good things about this apron:
- I cut the fabric wrong and ran out, so the bodice part is one-sided (it should be double-sided)
- I'm fairly certain I did the bias binding wrong
- It fits me, but it's supposed to be for my friend, who is smaller than me. So it's actually too big.
But it looks better than my first attempt, which is proper dodge:
Those are my hands. I made that binding, which is why it looks mank. I didn't have a clue how to do it, BUT I still tried so I should definitely get some points for that. I also cut that fabric wrong, so what should look like romantic bird-and-butterfly print actually looks like some horrible, twisted headless-monster-bird freak show.
This week I learned how to make these cool bows, from a brilliant tutorial you can find at 'How About Orange'. It's amazingly easy, and you can make them out of old magazine pages which is MAGNIFISAUR if you are like me (i.e weird) and don't like to throw anything away.
P.S. If you look closely at this picture you can see my knitting pin poking out sinisterly from the bottom of the picture. Husband clearly has no idea it's there MWAH HA HA HAHAHAHA!