Tuesday 6 March 2012

Have given up already

...on the granny square blanket. I did two squares but they look rubbish, and nothing like in the book. Also, they are different sizes. So instead I am going to try knitting something with two strands of wool. It'll probably be a tea cosy, since I'm in the habit of knitting them at the mo. But aren't they brilliant?! You feel like you've actually achieved something and in a very short space of time.

I have achieved a lot this week. I have:
1. Watched Steinbeck's 'Of Mice and Men' at the Edinburgh Lyceeum, which was eight out of ten
2. Arranged a visit for a very famous poet
3. Hmm, actually I thought this list was going to be longer. Turns out I haven't done very much at all this week. Oct well.

Anyway, very exciting news in the Bumbaleerie Mansion! I went for a walk at the weekend and guess what I found? Frogspawn! So yes, I'm going to have tadpoles! And then I will have frogs! It's the gift that keeps on giving. I'm so pleased, we used to get them all the time when I was wee and I can't wait to watch them...um...polinate? Frog-afy? Frogafy will do. The little cat is very nosy so stuck his nose right into their tub, got a beak full of water and sneezed for a million years. Now he just sits next to them and glares at them suspiciously. He is very stupid, but also quite nice. Right! Plans for this week!

1. Finish the secret quilt
2. Start the second secret quilt
3. Buy some zips to experiment with (sewing, obviously, not learning how to use a zip)
4. eat breakfast every day - today is Tuesday and I had breakfast both today and yesterday. So that's a good start.
5. Take my library books back - ALL of them
6. Get better at making coasters, I really think this is going to work for me. Yesterday I sat at my sewing machine (HUSQVARNA, oh yeah!) to get some inspiration for a quicky project but the muse was just not with me. Instead, I just arranged fabric into neat little piles then messed them up again. I don't like tidy.

Six things is pretty realistic, hey?

No comments:

Post a Comment