Sunday 26 February 2012

In the beginning...

So here's what I did.

I went on a quilting course. And I loved it, it was awesome. Here's my first ever quilt:

That's a rubbish picture. It's very difficult to take a picture of a quilt because they always look better when someone is underneath them, enjoying them, rather than flat and smooth and boring. Anyway, here's another one:
I don't really like it though. I don't think the colours work well and they're not in the best order...anyway, after I made that one I ordered this fabric:

and I made this:

and I liked it so much that I kept it, even though it was supposed to be a present for someone. And then I was comissioned to make this:
but I forgot to take a picture of the finished quilt. It had a red border, and the back was navy blue with white stars, a bit polka-dotish. I would've kept this one too, if I'd been able. 

And today I finished the top of a secret one:
....but don't tell anyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment